Thanks perhaps in large part to Stardew Valley (which will soon have multiplayer on PS4 and Xbox One) the potato game genre has been booming! New farming games are coming out left and right. And because most single-person or small-team indie groups tend to build their games on PC, we get a lot of these awesome farming games on PC first. Compared to ten years ago, Steam is overflowing with farming games! Sometimes they come to console later, but some will remain exclusive forever.
But there is good news for everyone who has a preference for console gaming, or who doesn’t have a game-worthy PC right now. We’ve put together a satisfyingly large list of farming games that are either already available on console, or are confirmed to be coming to console at a later time.
All of these games contain farming, growing or gardening mechanics, and they are all available on at least one dedicated gaming machine that is currently still in production. But they are not all in the same genre, and the emphasis placed on farming is different in each game, so these lists represent a variety. We hope you’ll spot some of your favorites here, and maybe even have a few more to tell us about, so we can continue to make this list longer and longer.
For more information about the games, make sure to click the games title above the image!
Farming Games You Can Play Right Now
- Farming Simulator (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, various versions)
- Slime Rancher (PS4, Xbox One)
- The Stillness of the Wind (Switch)
- Harvest Life (Switch)
- Castaway Paradise (PS4, Xbox One)
- Deiland (PS4)
- Stardew Valley (Switch, PS4, Xbox One)
- My Time at Portia (Switch, PS4, Xbox One)
- Dragon Quest Builders (PS4, Switch)
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 (PS4, Switch)
- Graveyard Keeper (Switch, PS4, Xbox One)
- Forager (Switch, PS4, Xbox One)
- Plantera (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, 3DS)
- Little Dragon’s Café (PS4, Switch)
- Earthlock (Switch, PS4, Xbox One)
- Terraria (Switch, PS4, PSVita, Xbox One)
- Junk Planet (Switch)
- Harvest Moon: Light of Hope (Switch)
- Ever Oasis (3DS)
- Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
- Story of Seasons (3DS)
Farming Games Coming to Console in the Future
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)
- Staxel (Switch)
- Garden Paws (Switch)
- Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin (PS4 and Switch)
- Re: Legend (Switch, PS4, Xbox One)
- Picontier (Switch)
- Ooblets (Xbox One)
- Summer in Mara (PS4, Switch)
- Mineko’s Night Market (Switch)
- Littlewood (Switch)
- Doraemon: Story of Seasons (Switch)
- Rune Factory 4 Special (Switch)
- Rune Factory 5 (Switch)
Please tell us what your favourite farming, gardening, or growing games are! And remember, if we missed one, we really want to hear about it.