Mineko’s Night Market is an upcoming cat-themed crafting adventure game that celebrates Japanese culture and is essentially about friendship, choices, and of course, cats. The indie game is being developed by Meowza G
The exact date for the games release is yet to be determined, though the creator mentioned that it may possibly be early this year. We thought we’d provide readers with a detailed article on everything we know about this cute cat-filled creation!
What is the game about?
Playing as Mineko, a girl who has moved to a superstitious fishing town inundated with cats, you will uncover secrets whilst assiting Mineko in becoming a successful young entrepreneur. This can be done by completing tasks, undertaking quests and gathering resources in preparation for the weekly night market.
Players can craft a variety of odd items, toys, and trinkets, which can then be sold to townsfolk (who are now your customers) at Mineko’s night market stall. After you’ve finished selling your items, you can explore the Night Market yourself, where you can play mini-games, eat unusual foods, and purchase collectibles.
The game allows you to explore distant lands by unlocking different types of transport (which include buses, bullet trains
There are 16 uniquely themed markets every year which all feature a stage event that you can partake in. Examples of events include Taiko drumming, karaoke competitions, sumo suit wrestling, and more!
The better you perform at the market, the bigger and better the market will become, which may well attract new townsfolk and even celebrity guests!
What sort of stuff can I do in the game?
Some features of the game include:
- Explore the village and surrounding areas to find rare resources and make new friends
- Craft peculiar items with the resources you find around the world
- Barter with townsfolk at the weekly Night Market to sell your creations
- Explore the night Market to discover unusual culinary
- Play and compete in a variety of Night Market games like cat racing,
pachinko, and whack-a-
- Uncover the mysteries of the Sun-Cat Abe and Mount Fugu Island!
How much will it cost?
The price of the game is still TBA.
What platforms will it be released on?
- Nintendo Switch
When will it be released?
The Nintendo website claims that the game is ‘coming early 2019’ to the Switch console. As the PC and Mac versions were in the works first, it’s likely that a release on all three platforms is imminent.
Is there any game merchandise available to buy?
Yes! The following items can be purchased whilst you (
- Mineko and the cats
T shirtfrom theyetee.com
- Abe the Sun-Cat pin from theyetee.com
- Mineko pin from theyetee.com
- Mineko’s Night Market poster from theyetee.com
- Mineko’s Night Market Cutaway Cats and Rice Art Print (limited stock)
We sat down with Brent, developer behind the game for an exclusive interview last year. For some more sneaky details on Mineko’s Night Market, make sure you check out the interview here.