So many unique genre mash-ups for indie games were announced during Nintendo’s Indie World Showcase, like Boyfriend Dungeon and The Survivalist, including Sports Story! Sports Story is not only a game with various sports, but also a dungeon-crawler full of mini-games and other activities! This adventure RPG, developed by Sidebar Games, is a sequel to Golf Story, and an exclusive to the Nintendo Switch releasing in Mid-2020. The game is also listed as a multiplayer game of up to 4 players, although it remains to be seen if that’s only for certain aspects of the game or for the whole campaign.
Here are some of the things you can do in the game:
- Embark on a golfing adventure in both ordinary and fantastical places.
- Undertake full-time study at a renowned tennis academy.
- Make friends and enemies in your quest for sporting excellence.
- Dungeons, espionage, mini-games, buried treasure and you get to meet the queen.
- Make your coach proud by competing in Decasportathon.
If it’s anything like Golf Story (the colors, the whimsy, the silliness), a winner of awards and a game that truly stood out to me, than I expect really great thing from this title! The developers mention that it is a sequel because of some familiar characters and the story is set sometime after, although it is definitely its own game with a lot more features!