Kinda Funny Games, a media company, had their own E3 2019 showcase on June 10th, 2019 where co-founder Greg Miller did a spotlight to reveal over 60 indie games. Furthermore, these games can be found demoing at E3 2019 in Los Angeles from June 11th to June 13th. Below is a list of myPotatoGames approved games that are either new to us or get some new information on release dates.
- SkaterBIRD: Drop in, and be a skateboarding bird. Grind on bendy straws, kickflip over staplers, and carve killer lines through a cardboard and sticky tape world. Skatebird can’t fly, but on a board, they soar. You can now try the Alpha Demo today and look forward to the full release in 2020. For more information check out our article here.
- The Gardens Between: Manipulate time to solve puzzles and reach the apex of each isle. Follow the duo as they unpack and explore their significant moments spent together, lighting up constellations and illuminating threads of a bittersweet narrative. The Limited Edition Switch Version was announced and is coming soon. See what we previously had to say about the game here.
- Starstruck: A music adventure game that takes place in a miniature diorama world. In this game, you advance the story through two different modes of gameplay: perform musical numbers and go on a rampage as a gigantic human hand. Created by Createdelic and releasing sometime in 2020 on Steam.
- Summer Catchers: It’s an epic road trip adventure of a life time. With your trusty wooden car, embark on a quest from the frozen north to distant lands full of mystery and strange creatures that are ready to both help, and stop you from completing your quest of finally seeing summer. This game is developed by FaceIT and published by Noodlecake Studios and coming to Steam this Summer.
- Tamarin: Explore, leap, and shoot to save your family from the insect invasion! Leap with the agility of a tamarin as you journey into the Northern wilderness, in a world full of exploration, 3D-platforming and bug-splattering action! Created by Chameleon Games and coming to Steam and PlayStation Store this Summer.
- Mare: It is an exploratory and sensory VR adventure experienced through a mechanical bird and a lost girl on a journey through a mythical world. Created by Visiontrick Media and releasing on Oculus in the Fall of 2019.
- Lost Ember: Explore the remains of a fallen world from fascinating perspectives! Slip into the role of different animals to uncover the fate of an ancient world. Dive into deep waters, fly at lofty heights, dig underground as a mole or even climb steep cliffs with a mountain goat, there are lots of ways of getting around. Created by Mooneye Studios and releasing on July 19th, 2019 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
Note, all screenshots in this article where taken from the Kinda Funny Games showcase that was live-streamed today from indie game trailers. All games can also be found on Steam for more information. In case you missed our round-up on the PC Gaming Show at E3 2019, you can check that out here.