Over two years ago, we covered the then-upcoming PS4 release of a cute little game galled Wuppo. Imagine our surprise when, after sneaking onto the Nintendo Switch e-shop to admire Link’s Awakening screenshots (again), we saw Wuppo: Definitive Edition gleaming proudly among the other upcoming releases! The game is set to release less than a week from now, on September 5.
Wuppo is a Wum. (Wums appear to be small spherical creatures of different colours who resemble something between a rice ball and a gumball with four tiny legs.) And Wuppo has lost his home. He has been exiled! There’s nothing left to do but travel the world and find somewhere new to call home. It looks like he’ll have some pretty big adventures along the way. And maybe even resolving some ancient conflicts as he goes! If you’ve got to resolve ancient conflicts, we think doing so in a cute and colourful world is the best choice.
- Enjoy the game together in an all new co-op mode!
- Explore a wondrous world filled with Wums, Fnakkers and other strange creatures.
- Resolve an ancient conflict on your quest for a new home.
- Use items and social skills to overcome diverse challenges.
- Fight numerous enemies, ranging from small, to big, to MASSIVE!
- Collect filmstrips to discover the world’s detailed history.
- Enjoy an enchanting and memorable orchestrated soundtrack.
We look forward to honing our social skills and collecting bits of filmstrip to piece together the world’s history on September 5th. (Wuppo: Definitive Edition will also be on Steam and GoG.) Watch the video here for more information.
For another game about a cute protagonist trying to get home, check out A Hat in Time. It will hit Nintendo Switch on October 18, and it, too, will have a brand new co-op mode!