Kickstarter has become a viable platform for indie developers who need help funding their work. Village Monsters is another adorable take on a life simulation game, much like Animal Crossing or Stardew Valley. The sole developer of this ambitious project claims Animal Crossing as his biggest inspiration. Village Monsters features, an immersive day and night cycle, seasons, exploration, house building and decorating and so much more. The game is currently looking for funding and with only 5 days left, Josh, developer behind the game needs all the help he can get. You can check out some of the main game features, as well as the first gameplay trailer below. If you want to help fund the project, or play the demo for free you can do so here.
Village Monsters Features
- Personalize your very own home with furniture, decorations, and upgrades. Plant a garden! Install a secret room! Sit on a golden throne you found in the woods!
- Get to know dozens of whimsical monster neighbors, each with their own personalities, activities, and problems to solve.
- Pick up a new hobby, like fishing, critter collecting, botany, archaeology, or cooking, then donate your findings and creations to the Historical Society of Monsters.
- Leave your mark on the village by unlocking new buildings and influencing its development over time.
- Fill out your daily routine with activities like shopping, talking with villagers, watching TV, hunting for mushrooms, and so much more.