The developers of The Colonists have announced that they will be releasing their game on Nintendo Switch in May.
The Colonists is a nice, chill settlement building game with loads of charm. You control a fleet of cute little robots that are tasked with creating a new community on an unknown planet. Harvest resources, refine them, then use them to build a bustling city full of life and love. It is touted as being a relaxing game that takes much inspiration for games like The Settlers, so expect many detailed settlement-building features from this adorable indie.
The developers also announced that they have been working very hard to make sure that the game is just as good on the Nintendo Switch as it is on PC. That seems like quite the feat. The devs mentioned that the controls have been optimized to ensure that the gameplay remains relaxing while intricate. They even added hats to make the game even more cute for this most wholesome of consoles releases.
Here is a features list from their Steam page:
- Campaign: 14 missions split into separate peaceful and military tracks
- Random Maps: Play on a near-infinite amount of procedurally generated maps
- Sandbox Mode: Customise various game settings to play the game how you like
- Steam Workshop: Play hundreds of player-generated custom maps
- Frontiers: Play and compete for the best time in a brand new map every month
- Challenge Trophies: Special speed-run challenges which test the most expert colony builders
- Map Editor: create, play and share your own maps
The Colonists Trailer
For more information on The Colonists, you can check out their Steam Page.
For more great games coming to Switch, check out my coverage of Coral Island.