Here are 15 super cute games for the 3DS to celebrate the consoles 10th anniversary.
It has been exactly 10 years since Nintendo launched the 3DS in North America. The handheld console may have had a rough start with a price tag a little too high but once Nintendo listened to its fanbase the handheld quickly become a fans favorite gaming machine and has sold more than 75 million units since its original launch back in February 2011.
With the Nintendo Switch just recently celebrating its third birthday, I thought it would be a great idea to take a look at the Nintendo 3DS. This handheld console was first released in February of 2011. The 3DS features a library of more than 1297 games – I took 15 of the cutest ones and listed them right here for you! Join me on a journey through The 15 Best Cute 3DS Games.
I also compiled a list of my 15 favorite Nintendo 3DS games, so if case you missed that list, check it out! This time I am being a little more specific. Kawaii lovers rejoice! Here are some of the 15 cutest 3DS games.
- Disney – Magical World: Released in 2013, Disney Magical World was highly anticipated by Disney fans and kawaii lovers alike. Being cute, wholesome and not requiring commitment, the game is perfect for children, and casual gamers with busy lives. ( get it here )
- Disney – Magical World 2: With all the same perks as the game’s predecessor, as well as new characters, outfits, items, minigames, and worlds to explore, this game was also very well received. ( get it here )
- Detective Pikachu: Detective Pikachu is a recently released game for the 3DS. Considering the main character of the game (who has a cult following due to his cuteness) is a lil detective (●´ω｀●), it’s safe to say this game is cute. ( get it here )
- Pokémon Rumble World: Cuddly toy Pokémon. Those three words scream cuteness (although as Pocket Camp would say, not literally, as that would be terrifying). With the ability to play as a Mii character in a kingdom of toys, the retail version of this adorable game was released worldwide in 2016. ( get it here )
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf: OBVS. With a cute alpaca couple, three hedgehog sisters, a pigeon barista, and a town full of anthropomorphic animals, there’s nothing about this game that isn’t cute! This classic installment in the series is still popular today for its adorable aesthetic alone. ( get it here )
- Tomodachi Life: Released worldwide in 2014, Tomodachi life is a surprisingly entertaining game. Using mii characters, players can populate the island, unlock new shops and items, form relationships, and even have a baby. ( get it here )
- Fantasy Life: Aesthetic AND cute. Released worldwide by Level 5 in 2014, it comes as no surprise that the game is endearing. If slaying dragons isn’t your cup of tea, you can instead enjoy the entertaining storyline and numerous cute features (such as plushlings and pets) that the game has to offer. ( get it here )
- Moco Moco Friends: I hadn’t heard of this one until recently. At first I thought “Oh, like Pokémon Rumble?” due to the game’s cuddly toy theme. Apparently, it’s possible to get even cuter than Pokémon rumble, as Moco Moco Friends combines a magic school and cuddly toy monsters whilst also evoking a ghibli-esque theme. ( get it here )
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask: It’s no secret that the Professor Layton series consists of games with stunning stories, mesmerizing music, and amazing artwork. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask doesn’t disappoint with it’s colorful carnival-esque theme and unusual plot. ( get it here )
- Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy: Admittedly, this game was kind of bittersweet due to being the last main series game to be made. However, with it’s multitude of worlds to explore, treachery, and plot twists, in combination with the usual incredible artwork and music, this game is also a must-play for 3DS owners and Layton fans. ( get it here )
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Released in 2012, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is a rhythm video game made by Square Enix with Final Fantasy characters. Rated 8.5/10 by IGN, the chibi game was popular enough to warrant an iOS sequel in 2014. ( get it here )
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe: Kirby himself is a little cutie pie (the words of my brother), so naturally the 2014 game Kirby: Triple Deluxe was going to make this list. After Kirby’s friend Dedede is kidnapped by Taranza (who has created a giant ‘dreamstalk’), Kirby sets off to bravely rescue him! Is it just me who finds it hard to take such a cute little hero seriously? Tee hee. ( get it here )
- Yo-Kai Watch: Jibanyaaaaaan! Also a product of Level 5, the colourful game Yo-Kai watch is definitely cute with cat yo-kai such as Jibanyan, a scatterbrained butler named Whisper, and it’s anime like features. ( get it here )
- Yo-Kai Watch 2 (Bony Spirits, Fleshy Souls & Psychic Specters): Oh mah swirls! Like it’s predecessor, Yo-Kai Watch 2 (which has 3 variations) is also a cute must-play 3DS game. ( get it here )
- Return to PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale: Described by Hardcore Gamer as “thoroughly charming from the very start”, this 2016 rarely talked about game is definitely cute enough to warrant a play-through. ( get it here )