Splatoon 2 has been around for a while now. During the latest Nintendo Direct, the big N announced an upcoming DLC for the popular Inkling game. The paid Expansion will be released this summer, and oh boy does it come with a lot of content. The Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion lets players take on the role of Agent 8 and Octoling. The campaign will also receive a huge update and will feature 80 new missions, along with some brand new stories. Players who will beat the entire story, will be rewarded with the playable Octoling in multiplayer.
Splatoon has sold more than 1.9 million copies in it’;s first year in Japan alone, making the game one of Nintendo most popular franchises. It has even passed Mario Odyssey with 1.5 million sold, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with a respectable 1.2 million copies shipped. The Octo Expansion will be released this summer, and comes in at $19.99.
In the attempt to attract new players to the game, Nintendo will also release a brand new Splatoon 2 Starter Editing. The new edition will feature the game, a strategy guide and a sticker sheet. The Splatoon 2 Starter Edition will be released on March 16th for $59.99. You can pre-order it here.
For more news from the latest Nintendo Direct, check out a full recap here. And for more upcoming Nintendo Switch games, check out Phantasy Star Online 2 Cloud coming to Nintendo Switch, as well as The Snack World from the people behind Fantasy Life.
Last but not least, Animal Crossing Switch chances to make an appearance at this years E3 are much higher, head over here to find out out why.
Splatoon 2 Starter Edition Details
- The squid kids called Inklings are back to splat more ink and claim more turf in this colorful and chaotic 4-on-4 action shooter.
- This bundle is Perfect for first-time Inklings;
- it contains the game, a detailed strategy guide which will help equip you with the knowledge you’ll need to become the freshest squid on the battlefield, and two stylish sticker sheets.
- Additional games and systems required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.
- Nintendo account required. Online Services and features, including online gameplay, are Free until the paid Nintendo Switch online service launches in 2018.