E3 is kicking off on June 11th but that didn’t stop some of the biggest gaming companies to share news on some of their upcoming titles. Spiritfarer is one of our favorites from this years gaming convention so far. The cozy management game is all about farming, mining, fishing, harvesting, cooking, crafting and the of life – all set inside a beautifully hand drawn world.
Spiritfarer has everything you’d want in a laid back, cozy up kinda game, but this title has storyline that will guide players through an emotional journey. Spiritfarer is essentially a game about dying – which makes time alive just so much more valuable. How will you spend your every day? The game offers plenty of options to make the best out of each and every moment. Go fishing, enjoy some farming, cook and craft, the options are endless.
We enjoy nothing more than spending some time with a loved one, and Spiritfarer lets you do exactly that. You can join the adventure as Daffodil an oh so cuuuute little kitten. This will allow you to take a friend with you in a two player coop experience. You will be able to “Spend relaxing quality time with your spirit passengers, create lasting memories, and, ultimately, learn how to say goodbye to your cherished friends.”
While the tone of the game might appear to be sad, it is the moments we cherish the most and that bring us the most happiness that the game puts a heavy focus on. Check out the heartfelt and gorgeous gameplay trailer below.
We are beyond excited to get our hands on this game. Spiritfarer has a 2020 release window and will be coming to PC, Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
Spiritfarer is a cozy management game about dying. You play Stella, ferrymaster to the deceased, a Spiritfarer. Build a boat to explore the world, then befriend and care for spirits before finally releasing them into the afterlife. Farm, mine, fish, harvest, cook, and craft your way across mystical seas. Join the adventure as Daffodil the cat, in two-player cooperative play. Spend relaxing quality time with your spirit passengers, create lasting memories, and, ultimately, learn how to say goodbye to your cherished friends. What will you leave behind?
- Enjoy beautiful hand-drawn art and animation.
- Build, manage, and improve your own ferry.
- Farm, mine, fish, harvest, cook, weave, craft! An endless variety of activities await you!
- Meet, take on board, care for, and forge relationships with a cast of memorable characters.
- Run, jump, and glide your way through elegantly constructed platforming levels.
- Explore a fantastic and imaginative world. Seek and gather resources to craft upgrades for your ship and gifts for your passengers.
- Experience moving, emotional stories filled with unforgettable moments.
- Unwind for hours into cozy and relaxing gameplay. 30 hours to finish, hundreds more to experience everything Spiritfarer has to offer.
- Make the adventure your own with rich customization options for your boat, character, even the cat!
- Play as Daffodil the cat in optional local co-op.
If you are looking for some more hectic gameplay we strongly recommend checking out Fall Guys. The hilarious trailer is a must watch! For all the cat fans, Cat Quest II is scheduled to release this year!