I have eagerly been awaiting news on Snack World getting localized, and then for there to be a release date! Now we can all crawl through dungeons in search for rare treasure, and battle bosses on the Nintendo Switch February 14th, 2020! This adventure RPG from LEVEL-5 is playable locally or online with up to 4 players. Find out more about the game below and check out the new trailer, with a snazzy soundtrack and spunky cute characters dancing along, below.
About SNACK WORLD: The Dungeon Crawl
Become a heroic adventurer in this roguelike RPG, crawling through dungeons in your search for rare treasure, on a mission to seek revenge against the villainous Sultan Vinegar that violated your village! You can even tag along in teams of up to four to take down tenacious tyrants!
- The Story…Flop, inches from being a stiff, at the gates of Tutti-Frutti. You remember nothing…but at least you have fabulous new friends to adventure with!
- You Are the Crawler of Your Own Dungeon! Customize your hair, eyes, mouth, body, EVERYTHING into an avatar that best suits you, before heading out on your adventure!
- Jiggle your Jaras! Outfit yourself with “jaras”—weapons, shields, healing tonics, and status-buffing colognes with randomized parameters that can be shrunk down for ease of carrying—and switch them on the fly based on the baddies you’re battling!
- Lookin’ like a Snack! “Snacks” are snapshots of quirky creatures and kooky characters that you can summon to your side in battle. Collect and trade snacks and jaras with your real-life friends…if you have any.
- Bag Booty to Be the Star of Tutti-Frutti! The more you achieve on quests, the more you’re bequeathed with chests! Each quest has varying conditions, with ultra-rare items up for grabs!
- Lend a Hand to the Locals. Wake up Sloe White; aid the girl group Spicy Galz; help out a…vegetabulldog or a crock ness monster?!? Be the all-around good guy in side-splitting side quests!
- A Deliciously Meta Adventure. High fantasy and high tech collide in this fourth-wall-breaking RPG with a modern twist for gamers of all generations!
- What’s With the GOLD? The GOLD version includes both expansion packs and other downloadable content from the original Japanese release of the game, free of charge!