RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures (RCTA) is an upcoming amusement park simulation game developed exclusively for the Nintendo Switch. Developers of the popular RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise, Atari, have announced that RCTA will be available in Europe on the 29th November, and in North America on the 13th December.
Despite criticism over Atari’s need to crowdfund RCTA, as well as concerns that the Switch console won’t do the game justice, Atari has said that the game is “built from the ground up to take advantage of the Switch’s best features.”
- 3 Exciting Game Modes: Adventure, Scenario, and Sandbox.
- An all-new Event System in the game’s Adventure Mode
- 7 Types of Customizable Coasters: Wooden, Steel, Winged, Hyper, Inverted, Dive, and Accelerator.
- More than 50 vibrant colors to choose from when customizing rides, roller coasters, shops, and restaurants.
- Improve the landscape of your park by placing and altering paths, foliage, and river tiles.
- 4 Distinctive Park Locations: Alpine, Moon, Canyon, and Tropics.
- Over 200 rides, restaurants, shops and decorations available for placement.
- Intuitive JoyCon and Touchscreen Controls provide freedom to play how you want.
- Seamless play between dock mode and handheld mode lets you play anywhere!
- Runs at 1080P docked, and 720P in handheld mode.
The game can be purchased digitally through the Nintendo eShop, or as a physical copy from retail outlets. UK Switch owners can pre-order the game at Argos for £39.99.