Todays Nintendo Direct was smashing, literaily the big N announced Smash Bros Switch, the first Splatoon 2 Story DLC and just so much more. One of the games that did not get as much spotlight was Octopath Traveler. The game is published by Square Enix and has stunning visuals with a great atmosphere.
Square Enix’s gorgeous new game, Octopath Traveler, is arriving on the Nintendo Switch as soon as July 13th. While this is still a few months away, a free demo has been released on the Nintendo Switch eShop today. Octopath Traveler is made by the same people as the beloved RPG series Bravely Default
For all the games announced during the Nintendo Direct, that you can already pre-order, including Octopath Traveler, check out this list. If you are just hiding under the blanket, pouting because yet again there was no Animal Crossing Switch announcement, then we suggest you check out our 5 part series about Animal Crossing Switch to tie you over until the actual announcement of the game.
Octopath Traveler Features and Story
Eight travelers. Eight adventures. Eight roles to play in a new world from Square Enix. Alongside the game software, this special-edition bundle contains a pop-up book, a two-sided cloth map of the game world, the Octopath Traveler™: Sound Selections CD, and a replica coin. Explore each traveler’s story and use their abilities in and out of battle.
Will you expand your horizons as the Merchant or track down a traitor as the Warrior? Use each character’s special abilities to interact with the world and enhance your tactics in turn-based battles. The Dancer’s alluring charm leads followers into battle, whereas the Apothecary can mix items to heal allies or unleash explosive attacks. Discover enemy weaknesses and target them to break through their defenses. Store Boost Points with each turn and then spend them at strategic times to strengthen abilities, chain attacks, or provide aid. Choose the path you wish to walk and discover what lies beyond the horizon.
- Includes: Game cartridge, Octopath Traveler: Sound Selections CD, cloth double-sided world map, replica coin of the in-game currency, 8-page pop-up book featuring characters and origins
- Explore multiple, distinct RPG adventures in a world created by Square Enix
- Choose from eight characters, each with their own distinct story
- The path you choose to pursue will affect where your adventure ends
- Deep, strategic turn-based combat with a layered battle system
- Music and visuals inspired by retro RPGs, brought to life with modern touches