How do you feel about this story?
The Mobile Application for Nintendo’s Online Service has a release date. The release date is July 21st of this year.
The application allows players to chat in game with friends and organize online gaming sessions.
Some additional details were provided on the Nintendo Switch Online Application’s webpage:
- The Nintendo Switch Online smart device app is designed to enhance your online experience for compatible games on the Nintendo Switch console.
- This app will initially launch with a limited feature set and will be compatible with the Splatoon 2 game.
- In Splatoon 2, the app will give you access to SplatNet 2, where you can see your online battle stats, your gear, and much more.
- With the app, you can send online play invitations to players on your Nintendo Switch system’s friend list. The app also lets you quickly send invites via social networks and messaging services. When you’re invited to a game, you’ll get notified right away via a push notification on your smart device.
- Once players are connected, you can use voice chat openly with friends while in the online lobby and during online play (depending on the game).
The Online Service for Nintendo Switch is not due to release until 2018 but with the release of the application, Nintendo has made it easier to chat with friends.