Monster Harvest is a new farming sim with a kooky creature collection twist.
There could honestly just never be enough farming sims in the world. What better way to find piece of mind than by digitally cultivating your own little garden or farm. And with so many different unique ways to spin the genre, it comes as no surprise that we are always seeing new and exciting features being brought in. Monster Harvest brings the farming style of Stardew Valley, but adds the creature collection and battle system of the old school Pokemon games.
What is Monster Harvest
In Monster Harvest, you find yourself on Planimal Point, a land named after the creatures that reside within. The land is inhabited by creatures that are a hybrid of plants and animals, thus the name “Planimal”. You will be tasked with growing you own farm to help sustain yourself and your companions.
Throughout the game, you will encounter some ominous blobs that seem to have ability to turn your crops into creatures. You will then befriend these creatures and train them in the art of battle. They will be your friends, but they will also help you defeat the many creatures that may try to hinder your growth as a farmer.
- Farm with mutants! Use magical slimes to mutate the crops you grow on your farm.
- Collectible Planimal companions! Some slimes mutate your crops into Planimals!
- Take your loyal companions into battle as you look to save Planimal Point from the Evil SlimeCo.
- Three unique seasons: Dry, Wet, and Dark—strange weather and seasons shift what the player can grow.
- Venture into the town of Planimal Point – Discover the people and creatures that live there, build relationships to gain discounts in stores.
- Craft dozens of items for your farm and your house.
Monster Harvest Trailer
For more information on Monster Harvest, you can check out the official website for the game.
For more great farming and life sim games with a creature collection twist, you can check out my coverage of Ova Magica.