How do you feel about this story?
Nintendo has had a busy day today. The Nintendo direct earlier revealed major news on ARMS and Splatoon 2. Now the company has released the first Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Update on Nintendo Switch. The update brings plenty of small improvements. You can see the full list of enhancements below.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Patch Notes
- Opponents’ names are displayed in the rear view mirror view in online matches.
- Invincibility period after a spin-out or crash is longer in online matches.
- Up to two players can spectate a friend group while they wait to join.
- “Worldwide” and “Regional” modes add players to Mirror and 200cc matches less often.
- Can now properly create a friend lobby when you have 100 or more friends.
- Inkling Girl’s animation has been adjusted.
- Starting positions in online races now properly reflect the order in which players join.
- Driver Miis now properly showing facial expressions.
- Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.