The magical JRPG Ikenfell will release for the Nintendo Switch tomorrow and cost just $19.99.
For anyone who may not know, Ikenfell is a JRPG game which utilizes turn-based and timing-based battle mechanics. These mechanics enhance it’s variety of characters and story development.
It’s creator has said that the games art style was influenced by a plethora of games such as Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Earthbound (Witchbrook, Starbound, Earthbound, Warbound, everything-bound!), and Robotrek. The game also takes i nspiration from fictional teen series such as Harry Potter and Carry On.
Ikenfell will release tomorrow on the Nintendo Switch and PC (both Windows and Mac).
- Magical duels within an original turn-based RPG battle system
- The ability to time your hits to increase spellpower and to block incoming attacks
- An expansive magic school, containing mysteries and secrets
- A variety of strange and interesting characters
- Hidden spell, items and equipment to aid you
- Friendship, rivalry and romance
For more information on Ikenfell, check out my coverage here.
For more great magical games, check out my coverage of StoryArcana.