Restore A Dilapidated Island And Play As A Grape In Garden Story
Have you ever wanted to be a grape? To be honest, we previously hadn’t really thought about it. But once Garden Story made us ask ourselves that question, we realized that we do, indeed, want to be grapes! Garden Story is a life-simulation adventure-RPG by Picogram, due to be published in spring 2020 by Rose City Games and Viz Media.
In Garden Story, you play as Concord. He’s a grape. (We’re not sure if ‘he’ is a ‘he’, though. Do grapes HAVE gender?) Concord has a new job: he has become the village guardian. It’s a task that would normally only require one to keep the village in good shape and the villagers happy, but something terrible has snuck onto the island under Concord’s watch. ROT.
Rot has begun to spread through the island, and it must be stopped before it overtakes everything. Thankfully, Concord lives in a village of nice peop…fruits. They’re a great bunch! If Concord is a good guardian and helps the villagers with their problems, they’ll be inclined to return the favour. Concord will have to be wise with time, because there is an environment to take care of, an island that needs exploring, friendships to make, and puzzles to solve.
Garden Story Features:
- Restore a dilapidated island: Explore and cultivate each of the four regions as Concord the Grape.
- Nurture your environment: Care for garden plots, gather resources, and upgrade your tools to better take care of your new home.
- Solve the mystery of the Rot: Uncover the island’s broken past as you solve puzzles and defend yourself against the corruption of Rot.
- Curate a library: Deposit and catalogue resources to create a library of island lore!
- Set your pace: Care for garden plots by day, take a stroll in the evening, or focus on completing favors…It’s all up to you!
- Acquire memories: Experience new things to fill Concord’s scrapbook with usable perks and traits!
Garden Story will be playable on PC, Mac and Linux. If you’re curious about this game, you can watch the video below, or visit Garden Story’s Steam page to put it on your wishlist. If you’d like to see more cute games where you adventure around, helping people, check out Errand Boy and Chicory.
I’ve never been so excited to play as a grape xD
I know, right? I had no idea until now that my whole life, I was actually just waiting to be a grape. THAT’s the answer I was supposed to give adults and teachers as a kid, when they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. Would have been handy if I’d realized it sooner 😉