ThroughLine Games is an independent game development studio focusing on story-driven games with high artistic ambitions. The team, located in Denmark, are the ones behind Forgotton Anne, a seamless cinematic adventure game that released on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC in 2018.
The creators have won numerous awards for their visual design and writing since then! Therefore, it comes to no surprise that in addition to the platforms mentioned above, we can enjoy the game for iOS devices today (June 26th, 2019)! What’s new on the iOS is: gameplay trailers, splash screens, and minor updates. The game is free with some in-app purchases. See below to learn more about Forgotton Anne!
About Forgotton Anne
Forgotton Anne is a cinematic game that combines puzzle platforming and adventure game elements. You are Anne, the enforcer keeping order in the Forgotten Lands, as you set out to squash a rebellion that might prevent your master, Bonku, and yourself from returning to the human world.
The World of Forgotton Anne
Imagine a place where everything that is lost and forgotten goes; old toys, letters, single socks. The Forgotten Lands is a magical world inhabited by Forgotlings, creatures composed of mislaid objects longing to be remembered.
- Discover a beautifully realized world of wonder filled with Forgotlings, charming everyday objects brought to life, bursting with personality.
- Uncover the truth behind the harrowing conflict taking place between an impassioned ruler and ruthless rebellion.
- Harness the power of Anima, the energy that brings life to the Forgotten Lands. Use it to solve puzzles and command ultimate control over Forgotlings’ lives.
- Choose carefully. Your words and actions can alter the tale being told thanks to a branching dialogue system that places the power in your hands.
- Run, leap, and soar as you strive to guide Anne home, unlocking areas and abilities along the way.
- Enjoy hand-animated visuals created using the same traditional techniques that brought your favourite animated movies to life.
- Immerse yourself in a soaring orchestral score performed by the Copenhagen Philharmonic Orchestra.
Get it on the App Store here and embark on a breathtaking journey today! To find out more about Forgotton Anne or to purchase some beautiful merchandise, go to ThroughLine Games’ official website here. Similarly, for another thrilling story-driven game, check out What Remains of Edith Finch, now coming to the Nintendo Switch!