The adorable cat-cafe simulation game has just gotten a huge update with lots of little fixes and additions.
In case you missed this sensational game, Calico is a super cute indie about owning and operating your very own cat cafe. That’s not all! You also happen to be taking on the roll of a rambunctious young lady with some sweet magical abilities. Once you get that old yarn ball a rollin’, you will be able to decorate your lovely cafe with all kinds of furniture and knick-knacks. Calico is meant to be a relaxing adventure for explorers of all ages.
The game is currently available through the Nintendo eShop for the Switch and PC via Steam, where it costs just $11.99. Now that the game is getting its first big bug fix update since release, one can’t help but get the feeling that there has never been a better time to try out Calico on Nintendo Switch. Below you can see a trailer for the game, as well as a detailed list of all the changes that were introduced in this update.
Patch Notes For Switch Version
We’re thrilled to bring you version 1.02 of Calico, which includes updates, bugfixes, performance fixes, and features! Official patch notes below! Thank you so much for your support and patience with this title!
- A and B buttons swapped so controls are more familiar to Nintendo Switch players.
- Added potion to teleport player back to café in case they become stuck.
- Enabled screenshot and video capture on Nintendo Switch.
- Added arrow key support for UI/Movement.
- Added 4K resolution UI display.
- Adjusted credit roll UI on certain resolutions.
- Fixed dialogue ending abruptly, which may have caused problems with the “Big City Dreams” quest.
- Corrected various geometry stick issues throughout the world.
- Corrected an issue where journal tabs would inappropriately change when typing animal names on PC.
- Corrected resolution issues on ultrawide monitors.
- Fixed collisions on all carpets.
- Fixed scone recipe inappropriately not being given by Hocus Focus.
- Corrected various collision issues.
- Fixed possible crash when loading save files from earlier versions.
- Fixed NPCs walking at times when they should be running.
- Fixed cat potion player model problems.
- Fixed problem where NPCs and animals would sometimes remain invisible indefinitely.
- Fixed not being able to buy things if you have the exact amount of money that the item costs.
- Fixed player getting stuck on top of log or inside of the ground next to Estelle’s General Store.
- Fixed construction cat and owl club conversations getting interrupted which resulted in player getting stuck.
- Fixed disappearing furniture issue affecting certain items.
- Fixed an issue mounting animals immediately after performing certain actions.
- Fixed an issue where clothing colors would be reset inappropriately.
- Fixed a model problem with Ranger.
- Fixed an issue where radio would be picked up separately from the table it was on, causing players to get stuck in Furniture mode.
- Fixed Safeena leaving her spot before the end of the Clover Coast quest.
- Fixed an issue where polar bear cubs would inappropriately follow the player.
- Fixed conversations being interrupted by passing NPCs.
- Fixed hats not fitting on Pudgems and his heckin’ chonker head.
- Corrected an issue where recipes would not correctly load from a saved game.
- Fixed animals disappearing from collection quests (pigeons, bunnies).
- Fixed NPCs getting stuck at the door of the café.
- Corrected an issue where cinnamon roll recipe would not populate.
- Corrected an issue with Venture Catpital quest.
- Corrected an issue where the credit sequence would occasionally yeet the player into the ocean.
- Corrected an issue changing save files.
- Corrected an issue where a blue hat pigeon lived in a wall for some reason.
- Fixed problem where food wasn’t being bought when multiple NPCs visited at the same time.
- Fixed saving food that has been made but not put in the display case.
- Lowered volume of rain and splashes.
- Adjusted angle of ears / sundae hat on certain animals.
- Smoothed out navigation of sloped terrain.
- Made player movement speed gradually increase over time.
- Raised top run speed.
- Increased speed of horses relative to other animals.
- Corrected some issues with bunny ears.
- Adjusted coast and city barriers to be clearer to players.
For more information soon Calico, you can check out my coverage here.
For more relaxing life sim games, check out my coverage of Everafter Falls.