Boundless is a subscription-free MMO maintained by optional in-app purchases. Hunt, trade, craft, build an empire with friends and become Boundless. This action/adventure RPG developed by indie studio Wonderstruck and published by Square Enix released on Steam and PS4 (PSN) back in 2018. Now there’s been a large and significant update since July 16th, 2019 so you can get back into the game online and enjoy the Harvest Era! Our bread and butter just so happens to be farming here at myPotatoGames so we highlighted that new addition below!
The developers stress that Boundless has very unique farming a variety of different angles. Even the crops themselves should be pretty interesting. For example, some of the things you’ll be able to cultivate include;
- Organic crops, including the classic Earthyams and Starberries, but also a set of new items. Some of these will grow from the ground, but others will grow from hanging vines, so think vertically when planning your farm!
- Inorganic fuel crops. Combustion Fraction and Kindling Mass can be cultivated in underground setups, grown away from the sunlight of the surface. These subterranean farms will need to be planned very differently from overground farms.
- Goo – when searching Gem or Lucent Exoworlds, players will be able to gather Kernels from Goo. These are then planted in, and will grow down from, a cave roof. Goo Pigments are harvested from these, If they have been planted in Gleam they’ll even take on its colour. These are then used in Colour Sprays – a whole other system which we’ll discuss in a moment…
Use the new farming tools such as The Hand Tiller to prepare the soil for crops, and the two new Fertilizers which will help increase the yield of said crops. There are many modifiers in place which will affect the success and productivity of a farm, such as soil type, nearby vegetation, and proximity to water. The right combination of each of these will allow crops to grow faster and more abundantly, so green-fingered Citizens will have plenty of room for experimentation. There are also new Skills to build in farming, allowing characters to become specialists in this area of the game. Irrigation is one of those important factors, whether that be with water for above ground crops, or lava for some of the more exotic offerings.
To find out more about the Harvest Era update specifically, you can go to their updates on Steam right here. Furthermore, you can continue reading below if you are unfamiliar with this game and the general gameplay.
In a Boundless universe of connected worlds, every player’s choices will have an impact. Explorer? Builder? Hunter? Trader? Crafter? Make your own path. Open portals to travel seamlessly between diverse planets as you expand your adventure across the universe. Watch the sun rise on a volcanic world before joining friends to prospect for precious resources on a desert planet.
Starting with your first humble campfire, will you live a nomadic life in the wild, or found a new settlement with your allies from which to grow your empire? Rally citizens to expand your city, competing to become the capital of your world and claiming the title of Viceroy. Will you build a citadel, drive the economy, or craft masterpieces of technology? Join the hunt for exotic creatures, develop your homestead, or seek new horizons? Shape your citizen, forge your destiny, and sculpt your world in this epic voxel sandbox MMO built on endless possibility.
- Colonize planets by yourself or join a settlement with others and grow your beacon into the capital of the world with the Prestige system.
- Craft hundreds of items including, building blocks, tools, weapons, food and many more.
- Spend your hard earned skill points in the Skill Tree and tailor your character to how you want to play the game.
- Complete Objectives, Feats and events to earn rewards and Experience Points to level up your character.
- Build and maintain a Portal between worlds for you and others to use
- Trade items with others or set up a shop to sell and buy items while you’re off adventuring.
- Each world automatically regenerates areas that are not protected by a Beacon and returns it to its original layout, creating new and much needed resources for you to collect.
- Seamlessly travel to new worlds and discover different creatures, resources, block colours and user generated creations in an ever-changing universe.
You can follow the developers on their official website here or go straight to the PlayStation Store here to purchase Boundless. If you love city-building with the voxel art-style, you’ll want to check out both articles Staxel – Great Foundation For Building Games and Minecraft Goes To Infinity And Beyond which are both playable online with some amazing new features.