Rakuen has been in development for a few years now. One-person studio Laura Shigihara has finally finished work on the long awaited adventure game Rakuen. The game is now available on PC, Mac and Linux, and can be purchased right here.
Laura has also released a new trailer to celebrate the launch of the game. You can watch the trailer below.
Rakuen is an adventure game about a little Boy who lives in the hospital. One day, the Boy asks his Mom to escort him to the fantasy world from his favorite storybook, so that he can ask the Guardian of the Forest to grant him one wish. In order to receive his wish, the Boy must complete a set of challenges that revolve around helping his neighbors in the hospital by interacting with their alter-egos in the fantasy world……A cranky old man who guards a broken music box with his life while complaining that he never gets any visitors; a young woman in a coma whose husband hasn’t left her side in months; a little girl who laments over a friend she was never able to say goodbye to after growing ill… The Boy slowly begins to realize that his neighbors are plagued by secrets and struggles that are mysteriously tied to the strange hospital.
- Heartwarming story set in a beautiful fantasy World.
- You will collect items, build friendships to gradually improve the world around you.
- The entire game is a combat free adventure, filled with puzzles, and dialogue based mysteries.
- You will play and get to know many different characters.
- Go on adventures and discover and endless amount of quests.