Islands, villagers, and jellies – oh my! Those are three things we here at myPotatoGames love, and Alchemic Cutie wraps them all into one, well, cute package. Developers Vakio and Viridian Software along with slime-loving publisher CIRCLE Entertainment are behind this new wholesome adventure RPG.
About Alchemic Cutie
The game is set on Wimba Island, a bright pixel world that reminds us a bit of Littlewood and Stardew Valley’s Pelican Town. So far, it seems like there are beaches, forests, the main village, and a Jelly Shrine.
Instead of farming, you will be taming slime-like creatures called “jellies.” There are over 4,000 visual styles for jellies and each jelly will have unique traits and statistics. They will also have needs like hunger, energy, and happiness. You will be able to show off your jellies by entering them into different competitions.
You can also meet Wimba’s villagers to form friendships – or rivalries!
One exciting and unique feature will be the world map. To help you navigate, the map expands as new locations are discovered. What makes this feature unique to similar games is that, once a place has been visited, you can use the map to fast travel there.
- Level Up: There are Alchemy and Jelly raising systems in place for you to master.
- Competitions: A total of 8 contests will allow you to show off your Jelly raising skills.
- Share Away: Special codes mean you can share your jellies with others!
- Complex Characters: Wimba Island villagers are described as “goofy, fun, and sometimes complicated.”
- Modders Welcome: There will be release day support for modding.
Here’s the announcement trailer:
Alchemic Cutie will be released for PC later this year. It will be available on Steam and Itch.io. There is a blog for DevLogs on the website and a Youtube with “Jellycasts” where you can listen to developers Sebastien and Thomas talk about game details and history. You can also signup for “Cuties Club” updates via the website.
Can’t wait to play with slime-like creatures? We recommend Slime Rancher!