A Short Hike is a little peaceful exploration game about hiking up a mountain. As of July 30th, 2019, sole indie developer adamgryu (adam robinson-yu) released his adorable relaxing adventure game for PC, Mac, and Linux on Steam here and Itch.io here. The game is only $7.99 US and is already receiving a large amount of very positive reviews.
About A Short Hike
Hike, climb, and soar through the peaceful mountainside landscapes of Hawk Peak Provincial Park. Follow the marked trails or explore the back-country as you make your way to the summit. Along the way, meet other hikers, discover hidden treasures, and take in the world around you. (Description from Steam bio)
- Explore the island any way you like. Choose your own path to follow and see where it leads you. You never know what you might stumble into!
- Hike at your own pace — there’s no need to rush to the summit! Take your time fishing along the river banks or swimming by the lakeshore.
- Collect hidden treasures to reach new heights. Try taking a dive off the mountain peaks to soar above the forests.
- Chat with the other hikers you meet along your route. You might be able to help each other out!
- Listen to a lush original soundtrack by Mark Sparling that progresses dynamically as you explore the wilderness.
For more information about A Short Hike, you can go to the official website here. Furthermore, if you enjoy playing short and calming games, check out our review here: Solo Islands of the Heart Review – An Introspective Journey About Love.